CLICK HERE for Sterling Farms Local Rules of Play
General Golf Course Rules
The only people permitted on the golf course are Sterling Farms employees and players who are carrying a golf bag with at least 4 clubs, 1 of which is a putter who have the proper dated registration payment receipts. No more than 4 players are allowed per group.
In addition to U.S.G.A. rules, which are always in effect, each player is expected to comply with the following:
- All players must check in for their tee time a minimum of 15 minutes prior.
- Players who are found on the golf course who have not signed in and do not have a paid green fee receipt will be suspended for 30 days.
- All players must wait for maintenance staff to clear the green while out handwatering. Any golfer who hits into maintenance staff will be suspended for 30 days.
- Tee off between the markers, no more than 2 club lengths behind.
- No person without a valid driver's license may rent or drive a golf cart.
- Players who are abusive and refuse to obey a Ranger, other designated personnel or Stamford Golf Authority members requests will be suspended for a period of time to be determined by the Executive Director.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be allowed on the course, except that which is purchased at the 10th tee snack bar or beverage cart. One beer per person from the 10th tee concession or beverage cart may be consumed per 9 holes of golf. A warning will be issued for the first violation with a 30-day suspension for the 2nd offense. Subsequent violations will result in longer suspensions as determined by The Stamford Golf Authority.
- Players must replace divots, smooth sand traps and repair ball marks on greens.
- Play shots only when the payers ahead are out of your range. Give the warning 'FORE' if you are in danger of hitting someone.
- All players are expected to keep the pace of play on the golf course at 4 hours and 15 minutes, failure to do so may result in skipping of holes or being asked to leave the course.
- Players must keep pace with the group ahead of them even if nobody is behind them. Allow faster players to play through if the pace of play cannot be maintained.
- Appropriate golf shoes must be used while playing the course or putting on greens including the practice green.
- Players using carts must follow 90-degree cart rule and keep carts on designated cart paths. Carts must carry no More than 2 riders and 2 golf bags. Carts must be kept at least 20 yards from all tees and greens (this includes pull carts). A warning will be issued for the first violation with a 30-day suspension for the 2nd offense. Subsequent violations will result in longer suspensions as determined by the Executive Director.
- No person besides the Pro Shop Staff is allowed to use the nursery green and chipping area adjacent to the 15th tee. Violators will be suspended from play on the course for 30 days.
- Practice on the course or greens, is prohibited; except for the practice chipping and putting areas in front & back of the pro shop.
- Golfers are expected to wear proper golf attire. Jeans, gym/athletic shorts, short shorts, tank tops, cut-offs or bathing suits are not considered acceptable and will not be allowed to play.
- Players looking for lost balls MUST drop another after 3 minutes maximum or allow another group to play through.
- Players are requested to 'wave on' the next group of players waiting on a par 3 hole.
- Use of Sterling Farms Driving Range golf balls on the course will result in a 30 day suspension.
- PLAYERS MUST ACCEPT WARNINGS PERTAINING TO RULE VIOLATIONS BY ALL STERLING FARMS (ESPECIALLY RANGERS) EMPLOYEES WITHOUT CHALLENGE. RULE VIOLATORS WILL BE GIVEN A WARNING NOTICE FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE, SUBSEQUENT VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSIONS RANGING FROM FIFTEEN DAYS TO THE ENTIRE SEASON. IF NECESSARY TO SUSPEND, A FORMAL SUSPENSION NOTICE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE VIOLATOR BY THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR IN WRITING. THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, SUPERINTENDENT AND SGA MEMBERS MAY GIVE IMMEDIATE SUSPENSIONS TO VIOLATORS WITHOUT NOTICE.
- A suspended player may apply for a hearing by filing a request in writing with The Stamford Golf Authority withing 5 days after receipt of a formal suspension notice. The hearing will be held at the next scheduled Authority meeting and a majority vote of those Authority members making a quorum will decide on the appeal.