Before the Course

Woodacres Farm

(AKA Sterling Farms)

Circa 1940

 Dressing Room Theater Building – Now on the left side of the 10th fairway



Same building as above – Stable in back now part of the
Curtain Call theater, now on the left side of the 10th hole fairway



View of what is now the parking lot looking back
at the building across from the 10th tee grill



The Royal Green Restaurant



Atherton Hobler – Owner in 1940, with some of the first calves
on the property, outside the building across from the 10th tee grill



Caretaker quarters now in the parking lot



Cattle grazing in what is now the Driving Range



Driving into the entrance – the 18th green is now to the right,
notice the silo now on the left side of the 10th fairway


Driving out the entrance toward Newfield Avenue



Inside The Royal Green Restaurant - Main Dining Room



Inside The Royal Green Restaurant – Front Entrance



Molly, one of two of the cows that started
the prize winning Guernsey herd which grew to 65



Owner – Atherton W. Hobler inside what is now a
storage barn on the left side of the 10th fairway


Hobler family Christmas 1939 – Inside the Royal Green Restaurant



Herb Hobler the person who supplied us all these great pictures in 1939



 

Chicken House now no longer exists


AFTER WOODACRES FARM OWNED BY THE HOBLER FAMILY
WAS SOLD TO S.H. GOLDING IN 1942,
NAME WAS CHANGED TO STERLING FARMS

Sterling Farms Promotional Brochure 1948